EDR-3C and EDR-3D
Shock, Vibration & Environmental Recorders
– Measures Shock, Vibration & Temperature
– Options for Humidity, Pressure, Strain, Load and More
– New Download via serial & USB.
– Built-in PR Triaxial Accelerometer
– On-board Memory up to 4MB for EDR-3C, 8 MB for EDR-3D
– New Sliding Window Overwrite Mode
– New Event Type Memory Partition
– Up to 6 High-Speed Accel Channels
– Precision Low Noise True 10 Bit A/D
– Selectable Sampling Frequency to 3.2 kHz/CH
– Programmable Trigger Schemes
– Automatic Offset Correction (for DC accelerations, Bridge Balancing)
– Vibration Controller Compatibility for Field Data Replication, PSD Profiles
– Battery Powered, up to 30+ Days , 60 Days with New “Powersave” feature
– Small Size: 37 cu in, 2.2 lb.
– Powerful Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP Software Included
– Easy to Set Up and Use
The EDR-3C is a portable impact, shock and vibration logger, recorder and detector combo unit and has a built-in triaxial accelerometer that’s designed to measure shock, vibration, temperature and (as an option) humidity, pressure, or resistance-bridge devices. The programmable unit tags all acceleration events with a time and date to provide a time history of the dynamic environment experienced during a recording session.
The EDR-3C series impact, shock and vibration combo recorders offer you a time-tested reputation for proven performance and reliability with hundreds of successful installations since 1989. The EDR-3C series operates similarly and differs only in programmability features, on-board memory and channel capacities. Each impact, shock and vibration combo recorder is powered by a specially designed C-Cell battery pack (9 Volt optional.)
The EDR-3C impact, shock and vibration combo recorder is used in conjunction with DynaMax programs and downloads the EDR-3C’s memory via an IBM compatible personal computer using serial & USB. Together, the EDR-3C and the DynaMax software program provide a powerful tool for accurately recording and analyzing dynamic environments.
Operation of the Instrument
During recording acceleration, with the built-in triaxial accelerometer, signals are digitized to 10 bits and stored in on-board memory. The choice of a 10-bit A/D allows for precision, low noise measurements while still making effective use of available data memory and battery power in comparison to 8 or 12-bit systems. The EDR-3C series impact, shock and vibration combo recorders are capable of recording nearly 3 hours of equivalent real-time data over a typical 100 Hz vibration analysis bandwidth for typical ground applications. If you’re interested in getting a handy spreadsheet for use in calculating memory usage based on your own specifications, contact us and we’re happy to e-mail it to you.
Advanced data management capabilities of the EDR-3C impact, shock and vibration recorder, detector and logger combo unit allow the unit to measure and record over 5,000 separate 3 or 6-channel waveform sets consisting of transient shock events and/or continuous vibration time samples. IST’s unique “Event Type Partitioning” of separate time-triggered and event-triggered data may also be performed during recording. This feature makes post-collection data reduction and indicator analysis easier. The length of each event is also selectable between event types, enabling the unit to be optimized for capture of both shock and vibration data during a single recording session.